30 Days Wild: Day 25


Mindfulness in our garden...

For day 25 of 30 Days Wild, I decided I'd sit in our garden after 9pm - when it was still ridiculously sunny but not too hot - and practise a little mindfulness.

Mindfulness, for those who don't know (and I have to confess I needed to Google this just to be sure!), is basically making an effort to notice life in the present moment. You can find more information here.

First, I noticed the patterns of the clouds in the beautiful blue sky (main photo.) Then, I watched and listened to the swifts screaming their way over my head:


After that, I noticed the juvenile frog that has appeared in the pond. I'm not sure yet if it's a resident, as we don't see it that often:


But, above all these, I paid particular attention to something rather special in our garden. It was perched delicately atop our furniture...


Lovely and refreshing!

You can read all of my 30 Days Wild posts here!

No comments

Powered by Blogger.